About Youth Services
The Youth Services Department provides informational, educational, cultural, and recreational reading resources, services, and programs for children of all ages and their parents, educators, and caregivers.
All materials for children can be found in the Children's Library on the second floor. Things have moved around a little. See Children's Library map for current collection locations.
Available for loan:
- Books on CD
- Music on CD
- Computer software
- Wii, PS, and Xbox video games
- Parenting materials
Available for use in the library:
- Flashcards (topics include math, vocabulary, and more) NEW
- World globe and map NEW
- Reference materials
- Magazine & Newspaper databases and online Encyclopedias for homework help (also available from home with a Clifton Park - Halfmoon Public Library card)
- Computers featuring PBS Kids, funbrain, Dora the Explorer, Magic Schoolbus Explores in the Age of Dinosaurs, Blue's ABC Time Activities, Clifford the Big Red Dog Reading and more.
- iPads (Library District residents only)
- Computers with Internet access for use by children and adults accompanied by children. Signed parental consent required for patrons under 18.
- Feltboard Activity Sets
The Children's Library offers a wide variety of programs throughout the school year, including vacation weeks. Themes include books, science, arts and crafts, music, dance and puppetry. Some programs require registration; others do not.
Please visit our Calendar of Events for the current Children's program listings or check our current program brochure. You may register online for most of our programs by clicking on the date of the event on the online calendar, then selecting the event and following some simple instructions. Programs requiring registration are underlined on the calendar.
Our summer Tadpole Readers Club is for preschool children, ages 3 or 4, but not entering kindergarten in the fall. Registration begins in late June and caregivers log minutes read online or on paper to earn small incentives that may be picked up at the Library.
Our Summer Reading Club (SRC) is for students entering grades K -5 in the fall and is designed to encourage regular library use. Registration begins in late June. Details on the current SRC are available on our website and in the Children's Library from late spring until registration ends.
Story Times and Other Programs for Preschool Children:Story Times for babies, toddlers, three year olds, and 4-6 year olds are offered during the fall, winter, and spring. Read more about our preschool programs.
Youth Services staff provide tours to preschool, K-5 classes and non-school groups. For more information, please contact Youth Services at 371-8622.