- Internal Revenue Services
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
- Other States
- NYS School Tax Relief (STAR)
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
2013 Tax Information @ the Library
Please ask librarians for help locating tax resources in the Library. Remember though, they cannot offer tax advice.
- Federal and State forms/publications for the current tax year will be available as they are received. The library currently has NYS forms and instruction booklets and many Federal forms and instruction booklets, including 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ forms and instruction booklets.
- Binders with reproducible IRS tax forms are available. Photocopies are .15/page.
- The best place for prior year forms is the Internet. The IRS & NYS have forms going back at least 10 years on their websites. See above for links. Printing at the library is .10/page for black & white.
E-filing may be an option for you. More information is available on both the IRS and NYS Tax department websites. Free File through the IRS is a no cost solution for those with an adjusted gross income of less than $58.000. See www.irs.gov/uac/Free-File:-Do-Your-Federal-Taxes-for-Free.
|1-800-829-4059||For Hearing Impaired (TDD)||518-485-5082|
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Tax preparation assistance will be available at the Library through VITA for families with incomes under $50,000. This service will be available on Wednesday evenings from 5-8 pm from February 5 - April 9, on a first-come, first-served basis. Stop at the Welcome Desk for a number. Please bring photo identification and social security cards for yourself and dependents along with tax documents and last year's tax return. Any questions, contact Mr. Nilsson at email@example.com.
If you are looking for AARP tax preparation sites, stop by the Ask-A-Librarian Desk for assistance.