The Clifton Park-Halfmoon offers free (limited) Notary Public Services for the benefit of the residents of our community. It is recommended that you call the Library at 518-371-8622, to check on staff availability. Typically, the notaries are available 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
- DO NOT sign your document in advance. All documents must be signed in the presence of a notary. The document must be completely filled out prior to meeting with the notary, leaving no blanks other than signature and notary statement.
- Photo ID is required, preferably your driver’s license.
- The document must be in English.
- If the document must be witnessed, you must provide your own witnesses. The Library cannot supply witnesses.
- The notary cannot notarize wills or the authenticity of vital documents (passports, birth, death or marriage certificates). This must be done by the issuing entity to obtain certified copies.
- If document(s) requires more than three notarizations, you need to call the Library and set-up an appointment directly with one of the notaries.