POLICY 3.6 Use of Program Rooms by the Public
Need for this Policy:
A policy is required to establish the terms and conditions for public use of the Library's Program Rooms.
The Program Rooms of the Library, when not otherwise scheduled for Library programs or purposes, are available under the following general conditions:
- Program Rooms will only be available for use during the hours the Library is open to the public.
- The individual reserving and assuming responsibility for the room must be:
- at least 21 years of age
- a resident of the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library District
- A Clifton Park-Halfmoon library card holder in good standing
- Rooms may be reserved by any individual or group up to six (6) times per year at the following times:
Monday - Thursday 5pm - 9pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Sunday 12pm - 5pm
Rooms may be reserved by any individual or group up to ten (10) times per year at the following times:
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Rooms may be reserved by an individual or group no more than a total of twelve (12) times per year subject to the above conditions.
- When not otherwise scheduled, Program Room D is available for use during regular library hours on a walk-in basis for a limit of 2 hours per day. Users must sign in at the Ask a Librarian Desk on the 1st Floor and use of the room must comply with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
- No charge shall be made for admission to any program or meeting. However, groups that normally collect dues/membership fees may use the Program Rooms so long as their meetings on Library premises are open to the public at no charge.
- If Library equipment (such as projectors or audio- visual units) is used, a $25 fee is charged and must be paid prior to the event.
- Light refreshments may, with prior approval, be permitted in designated rooms. No alcoholic beverages may be served. Smoking is prohibited.
- The reserving party is responsible to leave the room in the same condition as it was when they arrived.
- The Library charter states that the Library shall not participate in, or intervene (including publishing or distributing statements) in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Thus Program Rooms may not be used for these purposes.
- A Reservation Form must be completed and may be submitted via the Library's website or in print when requesting a room reservation.
- Programs may not be used to directly solicit business or collect contact information from program attendees to market any product or services.
- There shall be no distribution of literature on library property either inside or outside, other than to program participants in the program room. All literature is subject to library approval.
- An organization may not have the name, address, or phone number of the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library serve as the address of record for an organization.
- Rooms may be reserved for programs of educational value and discussion of current public issues. Such programs must be open to the public.
- Rooms may also be reserved for programs and meetings of a non-commercial nature and must be open to the public.
- Rooms may be reserved with the understanding that, on occasion, special library programs will take precedence over an existing reservation. In such cases, every reasonable effort will be made, in a timely manner, to notify the person (s) having made the reservation of the cancellation of this portion of their reservation.
- Reservation requests for program rooms not otherwise scheduled may be submitted 10 weeks in advance of the proposed reservation date.
Abuse of this Room Policy may preclude further room reservations. It is the responsibility of the Director to ensure adherence to this Policy.