Email Notification Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of notices may I have emailed to me?
You may opt to get an email message when
- materials are checked out or renewed (checkout receipts)
- holds are available for pickup
- borrowed items are about to become due
- your library card is about to expire.
When can I expect to receive an email notice?
- Checkout receipts are sent immediately following checkout
- Email and text message notices are sent every day between 9 and 9:30 am.
Will I still get a phone call when my holds become available?
No. Email notification is in place of phone or mail notification. You may, however, opt to add text message notification, which means that you will also receive a text reminder notice.
I can see that my held materials are available, but I didn't receive an email.
I'm not receiving any notices from the Library in my email. Why?
Your library account is updated immediately when your requested item(s) become available and are held for pickup, but email notices are not sent until the morning of the following day. Sometimes, however, email to a patron cannot be delivered. The most common reasons for this include:
- an incorrect email is listed on your account
- you need to make the library (firstname.lastname@example.org) an "approved" or "safe" sender
- your mailbox is full.
In the rare event that there is a problem with the Library's mail server, the messages are sent later than usual.
What should I do if I have a question about a notice I received/didn't receive?
Please call the Library at (518) 371-8622 if you have any questions. It is best not to respond to the email as it is not monitored frequently.