About the Local History Room
The Local History Room of the Clifton Park– Halfmoon Public Library houses, preserves, and makes accessible manuscript materials, photographs, and other materials relating to all years of the history of the Towns of Clifton Park and Halfmoon. Of lesser priority are: general histories of the surrounding towns and cities, collections of books written by Clifton Park and Halfmoon residents, and collections of books which feature the towns in some way. The history collection also collects and maintains archival material pertaining to the history of the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library. These collections are maintained in a spirit of cooperation with other local historical institutions, such as Brookside, the Saratoga County History Center and with the town historians of Clifton Park and Halfmoon.
Rules of Use
- No food or drink is permitted in the Local History Room.
- All researchers must sign in and out.
- No pen or ink may be used in the Local History Room.
- Use of laptop computers and digital camera is permitted.
- Photocopying will be done by LHR staff for a fee.
- No materials may leave the room.