Our Reference librarians can help you with a wide range of questions, from finding a telephone number, to recommending a good book, to getting started on a research project.
To contact a librarian, submit a Help Request or phone us at (518) 371-8622 during normal business hours.
These are some of the services provided at the library:
- Access the Library's online databases
- Use the Library catalog and place requests
- Provide one-on-one help for extended reference questions
- Recommend titles (see our Readers Corner for staff picks, book discussion groups, and book suggestion form)
- Provide specialized reference service on local history and genealogy
- Make recommendations for materials to be considered for purchase by the Library
- Provide Tech Tutoring sessions on a wide variety of topics which relate to using computers/mobile devices